During the summer of both 2014 and 2015, I interned on Google's Robotics team as a Software Engineer Intern. During the internships I accomplished the following:
- Developed an authoring tool that allows one to create multi-agent robotic applications using simple XML and a task library.
- Expanded the task library to allow more complex routines and developed many multi-agent robot
- applications including shape formations and logistic operations.
- Performed code reviews for team members to ensure quality code and to accelerate development.
- Lead competitive research in depth sensor technology and prototyped the industrial design of a multi-purpose depth sensor.
- Managed the installment of a lab motion capture system.
- Developed an interface between the robotic gantry and the motion capture system, allowing the gantry to follow an object’s location in the X, Y, and Z axis.
- Investigated multiple emerging cooling technologies for fan-less, high-powered computing.